Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Running into brick walls

I've had certain moments in the past year, where all joking aside, I'm starting to feel.....OLDER. I mean, I'm going to be honest, overall, I think I look pretty good for my age. The age odometer recently hit 35...can you even believe it. Regardless of your age, I don't even know where the time goes. But I digress.

So here are a couple of examples. I was sitting outside with my husband the other day and the wind blew my hair into my face. I noticed a little glimmer or glint of color..but upon closer inspection of my hair strands, what did I find? Three full length silver hairs (I say silver instead of gray, b/c that sounds cooler). THREE!!! So many people would just tell me whatever and to get over it b/c they've had grays since they were 18, fine, but we all measure things a certain way. My mother didn't start graying until she was in her 50's. Now on to example two, I felt a tickle in my nose and upon inspection, it was nose hair that crept out of it's allotted nasal area into the light. A nose hair? Geesh, isn't that what old men get?

Well, b/c of these revelations, I've been going through my hair, only to find more and more grays..oy vay, no No NO. I mean come on, I have dark brown hair, plus I'm way to lazy to color it. Oh, and I just noticed that my hands are looking a bit veiny and sad and old.

But I tell myself it's all about how you feel right? So as I asked my husband to hand me my glasses to type this (that's a new development too), I asked him, what is going on with the grays and such, and his response, "because you're old, like 35 you know". This coming from a man who is 41 and a half. He quickly restated "but you look 25". Thanks babe.

I guess I'm running into a brick wall, but for now, I think I might just build me a tunnel in that wall.

No comments: