Friday, March 21, 2008

Consumption Junction

Oh consumption junction, what's your function, coughin' up mucus and keepin' me awake.

So....I haven't been blessed to catch one of those nasty viruses going around *knocking on big wood*, but I thought I was getting sick a couple of weeks ago. I started to feel that tell tale heaviness in my chest, but I took the vitamins, airborne, and slept for an entire day. Luck would have it that I didn't get sick. But alas, I was not to get off totally scott free on this one, nope. Instead, I seem to have partnered up with this lovely, mucous riddled rattley ass cough. I'm sure you know the kind. It's starts with a little tickle in your throat and then that tickle keeps going, kinda, like the real deal, when someone really tickles you until you pee in your pants a little bit. Well, this is the same thing, tickle, tickle, I swallow, tickle some more, I try to refrain from coughing, dammit, tickle, tickle, SMACK. Now I have to cough and it's the long drawn out kind that keeps going and going and going. You can feel your internal temp increasing exponentially, your face gets all red and hot and then you have to leave the room.

Well this has been going on for over two weeks now. Other than that, I feel fine, but what a hassle. It happens in the morning, at work, in the evening, and worst of all, when I'm trying to fall asleep. I went to the pharmacist, and she thinks I have seasonal allergies. The problem is, not one medication for allergies is for a cough.

I'm convinced that I have TB, OG consumption. Like Val Kilmer in Tombstone. Just call me lunger.
Notice the pale sweaty skin. That's what I look like after the coughing attacks...ok, maybe I'm a little red at first, but then the pale sweatiness comes into play.

No comments: