Monday, March 31, 2008

A breath is precious

I have been coughing for over 2.5 weeks now. Not just a little cough cough here or a little cough cough there. Oh no. More like , a constant hacking every 3-5 minutes. The thing that sucks is that 50% of it is me forcing myself to cough b/c it feels like I have a piece of silly putty stuck in my throat...or maybe like a hairball. The result of this constant hacking is, headaches, a sore back that felt like my kidneys are going to fall out, maybe in some cases, but of course not mine, slight incontinence...yeah, you heard me, and a negative effect on my marriage. Besides me acting like a complete and total rag, I think I'm about a hairs width from getting suffocated one night by my husband, and I suppose rightly so. I wouldn't want to listen to that shit anymore. But really, I think he's avoiding me. I know he loves me, but I think any sane person would want to stay a good distance from a constant sharp barking sound and if that wasn't enough, a completely unpleasant personality at this point.

Well, I decided that most likely I should get to a Dr, but I had a good feeling they would tell me allergies. The thing that is so weird is that I don't have congestion, no sinus pain, no runny nose, or itchy watery eyes, just a cough. I went to the Dr today and he checked me out, I asked if he thought I had TB or cancer, he looked at me like I'm an idiot and shoved me out the door with some pills and nasal spray. Huh, what? What the hell. I mean, of all those commercials out there, can't there be one for post nasal drip cough??? Just one? I mean I've tried Claritin, Zyrtec, Benadryl, Sudafed, Mucinex, Cough Suppressant, more cough medicines. Nothing is working!!!! So dear reader, hope that the samples of Allegra will help, b/c if it doesn't, I can't be in control of the insanity that will soon be arriving via special delivery on the crazy train.

Oh how we take the oh mighty breath for granted. I can't even walk my dog without wheezing, plus the poor thing is getting the bitchy end of the stick during the whole walk.

Just remember sometime, that to breathe is to live, and to breathe without coughing, is the best way to keep this already bitchy chick from finally snapping. Keep your fingers crossed that the coughing will stop soon.

No comments: