Thursday, February 28, 2008

I don't work for free!

So tomorrow is February 29th. Does everyone know what this is???? It's a leap year, meaning that every four years we get an extra day. So I started thinking about it at work, because lets face it, I would rather think about stuff like that than do some powerpoint presentation. So back to the point. As I was thinking, I realized that at work, my pay schedule is based on a 365 day year. Well....this year has 366 days. So do you know what that means???? My company and all companies out there that base their pay periods on a 365 day year are getting a free day of work our of their slaves. Well I'm not gonna have that, so I'm staying home tomorrow. I don't work for free, not me, no way, forget it. So maybe I told my boss I was going to take a PTO day, but also maybe, I forgot to put it into that kickass PTO database we are suppose to use, that just so happens to break and totally eff up all the time. Thus, I don't work for free and I'm not using my valuable, sanity inducing vacation time. Unless of course they ask, well then, I'll just say I forgot and will add it. This chick does not work for free. So take Friday off people, call in sick, do something, but no more will that corporate machine steal a day from me every 4 years. As I like to say, they can suck it.

No comments: